George Will

He cracks me up. He writes about the economy today and our sense of entitlement. The whole piece is worth reading, but here’s a snip.

The 96 percent of mortgage borrowers who are fulfilling their commitments, often by scrimping, may be grumpy bystanders if many of the other 4 percent – those who found the phrase “variable rate” impenetrably mysterious – are eligible for ameliorations of their obligations.

What next? Adults still burdened with student loans have not yet announced their entitlement to relief, but as they watch this subprime drama, they might.

In truth I know at least one person who is waiting for that very entitlement!